Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Flickr AND PayPal Be Damned!

Now that the dust of the whirlwind of the past 5 days appears to have settled I wanted to post the quickest of apologies for the Blog Bombing. Just so y'all know, I'm as disappointed as any of you, MORE really!

So the reason the Flickr upgrade payment didn't process, Flickr tells me after 9 (yes, count them, NINE) emails back and forth, is because PayPal is rejecting the payment. I had checked this a dozen times and couldn't see any obstacles. After now looking even closer and using their pathetic Help forum I've discovered that apparently I have a not uncommon problem since PayPal upgraded their interface a short while ago.

And it all makes sense. PayPal Help indicates that a tirade of people are having problems with their "Primary" funding source. i.e. my funding source is defaulting to my Credit Card due to the fact that Bank Accounts and Credit Cards are now completely separate funding sources and my Credit Card was previously added before my current Bank Account.

Not only that, but my Credit Card is an old one I have recently closed. Hence the stonewalling.

The only way to rectify this is to delete and/or change the funding sources.... which I can't presently do because I have a payment "Pending". I have a payment "Pending" because I attempted earlier today to again pay Flickr.

Now I have to wait for the sodding thing to process and decline before I can fix the problem, make the payment to Flickr properly and then rectify my actual Photostream, followed by the arduous process of actually linking all my images into the Mother Of All Blog Posts.

So there you have it. It shan't be long!

It appears as though I should have plenty of time and opportunity, not HEAPS, but enough, to stay on top of a reasonable amount of internet-junkie-ing over the next two weeks and also throughout camp time.

Catching up though, that's a different story altogether.

Stay tuned... heckloads of posting forthcoming.

0 comments:

Post a Comment